Relationships with royalty owners are of great importance to CalNRG, and we strive to provide our royalty owners with a high degree of service, communicating with you in a professional, timely and accurate manner.
Our company values guide our business practices, and we seek open, honest and transparent relationships with our royalty owners. It is our priority to maintain accurate records to ensure your royalties and payments are made in accordance with your ownership.


Contact information: 

CalNRG Operating, LLC

Attn: Owner Relations

1746-F South Victoria Ave., #245

Ventura, CA 93003


Phone: (805) 393-2727


Frequently Asked Questions 

Q: How will I receive my royalty check?

A: Royalty checks will be sent to royalty owners through regular mail. Direct deposit/ACH is not currently an option for receiving royalty payments.

Q: When will I receive my royalty check?

A: CalNRG strives to mail royalty payments by the last workday of each month, but the date your royalty checks are cut and mailed is dependent upon when CalNRG receives payment from the purchasers of our production.

Q: Why did I not receive a royalty check this month?

A: CalNRG has a $100.00 minimum payment amount. You will receive a check once your revenue amount reaches $100.00.

Q: How do I change my address?

A: Please complete and sign the Change of Address Request form and return via email to or mail to CalNRG Operating, LLC, Attn: Owner Relations, 1746-F South Victoria Ave., #245, Ventura, CA 93003. The form can be downloaded from the Forms & Documents section of this website.

Q: What should I do if my check is lost, stolen, or becomes outdated?

A: CalNRG will reissue a lost, stolen or stale-dated check after 180 days from date of check issue. Please contact CalNRG Owner Relations if you are in need of a reissued check.

Q: Why does my monthly payment sometime vary?

A: There are various factors that impact your monthly payment such as fluctuating commodity prices, normal decline of production volumes, and operational issues which may affect the volumes produced from a well.

Q: When are royalty payments suspended?

For the royalty owner’s protection, payments are held in suspense because of the transfer of a property interest from one owner to another, notice of death, lack of address, and other legal issues. Amounts due are accumulated and are released when the matter in question has been resolved, and CalNRG has received and processed all related documents.

Q: How do I transfer my royalty interest?

A: Please refer to the Ownership Transfer Requirements document under the Forms & Documents section.

Q: Why do I need to provide a W-9 form?

A valid W-9 form must be provided to CalNRG for reporting and identification purposes.

Q: When are 1099s issued?

A: 1099 documents are mailed to the royalty owner’s address on file by January 31st of each year.

Q: Can I get a valuation or appraisal of my royalty interest or mineral rights?

A: CalNRG does not provide appraisals or valuations for royalty or mineral owners. You should contact a certified petroleum engineer or royalty management company obtain a valuation.

Forms and Documents 

(click to download)

Change of Address Request
Ownership Transfer Requirements